[Lias] Re: [acscomputers] Google rewrites?

John Summerfield summer at corridors.wa.edu.au
Wed Aug 24 09:54:02 UTC 2005

Paul Gear wrote:

>>>That's where i got the original recipe above.
>>
>>Did you note the patch required?
>

> The squidGuard build i use says that it uses whatever the system regex
> library provides, and the man page for that seems to indicate the \1
> format is supported.  Maybe it needs more than that...

I'm looking at it because we're looking at content filtering here (and
I'm probably causing mayhem in the classroom, having blocked
mousebreaker & other games sites, teenchat and assorted other chat sites
etc.

It looks to me that a basic Perl script akin to that given in FAQ15 (or
even sed) will do the job. Either can be piped into squidGuard to allow
it to do its thing.
open SG "|/usr/bin/squidGuard ....";
and
print SG;