[Lias] LTSP Questions

Simon Bryan simon.bryan at olmc.nsw.edu.au
Fri May 14 14:01:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 1:36 pm, Craig Ringer said:
> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 20:39, Simon Bryan wrote:
>

>> 1. Two boot fine, until they reach the end of the character screen boot
>> and the X-server should start up, the monitors just shutdown, no picture
>> at all. I have seen distorted pictures before but never this behaviour.
>> The same CPU and similar (but not exactly the same) monitor is working
>> fine.
Set a Vert and Horizontal sync range in the lts.conf and they work fine
now, DOH!

>> 2. Two boot all the way to the X-server then fail, forgot the actual
>> words, but it is an X-Server fail. The reasonbeing 'you need to define a
>> keyboard in XF86.conf. Trouble is there does seem to be a keyboard
>> already defined.

This is still a mystery as the same machines worked fine on LTSP netowrk
at work. COuld it be related at all to the NIC driver?

>> 3. Have setup printers, directly attached to workstations and shared to
>> the network. These work fine, but how do I get one of them to be the
>> default printer for a user, rather than the 'Generic Printer'

spadmin did the trick - thanks Craig - I simply mapped the appropriate
printer to 'Generic Printer'

--
Simon Bryan
IT Manager