[Lias] LTSP and printing to Windows printer

Andrew Dorrell andrew.dorrell at cisra.canon.com.au
Fri Mar 19 07:15:02 UTC 2004

Simon Bryan wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is anyone using an LTSP server and printing to a Windows printer?
> All our printers are shared from a W2000 computer and monitored with PControl.
>
> I can't seem to find any instructiosn on how to print to them, but surely it is
> possible?

It is certainly possible - I do it at home.  I hate to resort to this
shallow level of understanding in any explanation but the print
configuration tool that comes with suse just allows you to specify a
printer as a smb shared windows printer... then it just works.  Looking
at printconf-gui on my redhat (fc1) box I see that it has the same
capability - where you specify how the printer is connected.  So it
seems pretty standard at least with recent distros - check your systems
native (graphical) print administration tool as a first pass.

--
Andrew Dorrell