[Lias] Script help needed

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Fri Nov 7 08:50:02 UTC 2003

John,

> David, have you got pam_smbmount working? I have tried for ages and
> finally gave up. I know it works on FreeBSD but not sure under linux.

It works up to a point. This is as far as I have gotten:

 1. It does mount

 2. It won't unmount

I've diagnosed the problem as being:

 1. smbmount gets called as "root", euid and uid of 0

 2. smbumount then gets run as the user, gains and euid of 0 but CAN'T
    boot the mount because an euid mount can't boot a uid 0 mounted share

*sigh*

I will eventually get some time to work out what to do about this.

DSL

--
The Open Source Business Network in SA
 ...will be open soon! Watch this space.