[Lias] Domain servers setup

Phil Scarratt lias at draxsen.com
Wed May 21 09:37:01 UTC 2003

Setting smb to be a PDC (primary domain controller) and joining the
windows workstations to the domain so created will allow windows to
validate against the linux box. A good source of info on doing that:

http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba/samba-pdc.html

The Samba PDC will take care of validation and home drives on windows
side. NFS and NIS can take care of same on linux side.

Fil