[Lias] Domain servers setup

Meryon Montgomery monts at pemberton.wa.edu.au
Wed May 21 09:24:01 UTC 2003

Just a quick question,

I am looking at setting up a linux box as a domain controller to run in an
environment that contains dual boot machines with windows and linux. My
question is how can I set that up so that the home drives are available to
both operating systems for each user. I assume it would involve using NFS and
NIS on the linux side, and samba on the windows side. My puzzle is how to get
the windows workstations to validate against the linux server as if it was a
NT or 2k server. Once I can do that I think that I have a handle on all the
other things.

P.S. My intended linux distro is Mandrake 9.0
--
Thanks

Meryon Montgomery
Maths Teacher / ICT Co-ordinator
Pemberton DHS
Western Australia

"The First Law of Computing is Murphy's"