[Lias] User management problem

Tom Doyle tom at stvincents.nsw.edu.au
Tue May 6 08:25:02 UTC 2003

OK. I've made a breakthrough... I overlooked your comment Andrew. Sorry!

In my distress I had forgotten to check if NIS was running.
I had initially set it up to play around & see if it suited me for virtual
qmail accounts. I decided it didnt and forgot about it.

I killed yp.
added a "faulty" user. success.
deleted the same user. success.

I'm happy! Thanks for the ideas people. I have learnt some things to think
about when problem solving.

Thanks,
Tom =D