[Lias] RH messages

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Tue May 6 08:13:01 UTC 2003

For boot messages, use "dmesg | less" to view the kernel ring buffer; also
on Dead Rat, "less /var/log/boot.log" is helpful.

The messages on X startup probably aren't errors, but you can look in
~/.xsession-errors" and see what you see.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]

                      "Parkes High
                      School"                   To:       <lias at lists.linux.org.au>
                      <parkeshs at ozemail.        cc:
                      com.au>                   Subject:  [Lias] RH messages
                      Sent by:
                      lias-admin at lists.l
                      inux.org.au

                      06/05/2003 10:00
                      AM

I have a proxy server running RH 7 and squid
At boot I see some error messages flash up as the machine boots ? just
before the login screen.
Also after I log in and then type startx  there are other messages I would
like to read but they flash by way too fast.

Is there a way I can see both these sets of messages?

Peter Hughes