[Lias] Thin Clients and NT Domain logins

Simon Bryan sbryan at olmc.nsw.edu.au
Fri Jul 4 12:25:02 UTC 2003

Hi all,
Have finally got most of the setup together to be able to run all my old systems as
diskless thin clients off an LTSP server. Currently I have the following working:

Users login with their Windows domain username and password
Users can mount their normal home drive, from another samba server to /home/{username}
Users can browse the internet using Mozilla.

I now just have to make sure I have the right set of software installed and I am away.

To tidy this up I would like:
A GUI frontend to the simple bashscript that mounts their home drive
A means of automatically unmounting their home drive when they logoff (not really
necessary I guess - but good for neatness sake)

Anyone know how to do this?

BTW I will get around to writing all this up properly soon in "teacher speak".
It uses LTSP, Samba, Winbind modifications to pam files and the sudoers file.
Our setup is also contingent on a separate backbone for these machines which we can
do. The server has two NIC's to connect to the thin clients and the rest of the
network.