[Lias] School administration - please advice

Paul Gear pgear at redlands.qld.edu.au
Mon Dec 8 08:58:01 UTC 2003

Gianluca Jandelli wrote:

> I am setting up a small training school in Sydney. I would like to setup
> administration and web site on Linux and other Open Source software.
> Teaching itself does not require computer systems.
> 2) Project Management system for planning, scheduling, equipment
> tracking, resources and costs management. Following the School syllabus,
> the Head of Resources has to procure loan equipment from suppliers,
> combine it with tutor's own schedule and produce a weekly schedule for 6
> classes.

We use TUTOS (http://tutos.sf.net) for some of these functions.  It
needs heavy customization to be practical, though.  I've also heard
mrproject is good for some MS Project-like functions.

> 3) Fund Accounting system. I have been looking at RDA's Xpert and
> MicroBUDGET-GUI. Has anyone got any experience on them?

I don't have any experience with it, but i've heard SQL Ledger is good.
--
Paul Gear, Manager IT Operations
Redlands College, 38 Anson Road, Wellington Point 4160, 07 3286 0271