[Lias] postfix

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Oct 30 08:11:02 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 03:38 pm, parkeshs at ozemail.com.au wrote:
> postfix is listening on port 25 but only with 127.0.0.1
> not the IP of the machine 10.12.217.88

Look for a fabulous new security measure in /etc/postfix/main.cf -

    # The inet_interfaces parameter specifies the network interface
    # addresses that this mail system receives mail on.  By default,
    # the software claims all active interfaces on the machine. The
    # parameter also controls delivery of mail to user@[ip.address].
    #
    inet_interfaces = localhost
    #inet_interfaces = all
    #inet_interfaces = $myhostname
    #inet_interfaces = $myhostname, localhost

Move the comment from the `= all' line to the `= localhost' line. I surmise
that Mandrake did this because many machines only use PostFix to send their
own mail (either outbound, or logs, alerts and stuff from crond), and it's a
safer default.

Cheers; Leon

--
http://www.cyberknights.com.au/  Modern tools, traditional dedication