[Lias] postfix

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Oct 29 14:11:01 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 01:42 pm, Parkes High School wrote:
> I can telnet into the mandrake machine on port 23 (default) AND 25 (is
> that the port the smtp listens on?  I think so.

Yes. Disable telnetd and use sshd instead, for security reasons.

If you're coming in from Windows, try PuTTY, it's the best telnet/ssh/rsh
client around and also small, fast and no DLL hell (single executable, no
installer):

    (or type `putty' into Google and click `I'm feeling lucky')

There's also WInSCP, a useful file manager which relies on PuTTY and sshd:

    http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/

Cheers; Leon

--
http://www.cyberknights.com.au/  Modern tools, traditional dedication