[Lias] postfix

Parkes High School parkeshs at ozemail.com.au
Tue Oct 29 11:06:02 UTC 2002

I'm having some trouble getting Postfix to work.

I have it installed on a machine running Mandrake 9.0

Hostname of the machine is den.school.phs.intranet

Service postfix status indicates it is running

Cucipop is installed on the machine as the pop server

When I go to a workstation running XP and open up outlook to configure
the email client and test an account - I get an indication that cannot
connect to the smtp server.

Any ideas anyone?

Perhaps there is a postfix error log I can look at to get some further
indication of the problem.

In the etc/hosts file the hostname is present as is

Localhost.localdomain as 127.0.0.1

I have a very similar set up with a Mandrake 7.2 machine and no problem.

Peter Hughes