[Lias] squid problems

Trevor Gunter tgunter at lisp.com.au
Thu Dec 19 08:26:02 UTC 2002

Thanks Andrew, problem solved.

/var is mounted as hda7, but it was chokkers. Its an older computer with
only a 3Gb Hd. There was only 87Mb available for the cache but the default
squid.conf sets the cache as 100Mb.

How simple is it to set the cache to be at the mount point so I can use all
the available disk space. At present I've just reset the cache size to 80Mb
so I won't fill up hda7 again.

Peter, I didn't follow any directions from the St George site. Found on the
det intranet info about how squid.conf needs to be modified, but the 4 lines
they indicate didn't work. I just searched the web and got ideas. Added a
couple of extra lines to the conf and got it working fine.

Trevor