[Lias] Apache and PHP - Still

Simon Bryan sbryan at mpx.com.au
Wed Jul 25 12:01:06 UTC 2001

OK guys I really need help here.

I am trying to get Apache working with PHP. So far:

I have uninstalled the rpm's for php3 and apache.
Downloaded PHP4.0.6
Downloaded Apache 1.3.20

ran configure on Apache
ran configure on PHP --with-apache =
my/path/to/apache/  --with-mysql  --with-enable-track-vars
make and make install (both without incident)
ran configure on Apache --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libmodphp4.a

this is where things stopped going according to the directions I was using,
as this configured, but failed in the make with a stack of no such files
found relating to php.

So i tried :
configure on Apache --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.module

as this looked like a likely candidate, however make failed with can't find
libphp4.a, so I copied libmodphp4.a to libphp4.a and tried again. All went
well, configured, make and make install all OK. Apache started and httpd -l
says that mod_php4.c is there.

However when i load the index.php3 page, it displays the text instead of
running the script as if php was not loaded.

Any clues as to what I should try next appreciated. Oh, this is all on a
RH7 server.

Simon Bryan