[lca-announce] linux.conf.au 2018 keynote announcement #3!

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Mon Oct 30 07:17:41 AEDT 2017

The LCA2018 team would like to formally announce a pioneer in the field
of Open Source Research, Matthew Todd, as a keynote presenter at the
upcoming linux.conf.au 2018 conference being hosted at UTS in Sydney
from January 22-26.

Matthew has spearheaded initiatives such as the Open Source Malaria and
Open Source Pharmacy projects which aim to provide a new approach by
borrowing ideals and concepts from the open source software industry and
applying them to his own.

Originally from the UK, Matthew moved to Australia in 2005 and is
currently an Associate Professor with the School of Chemistry at Sydney
University. His work in the Open Science movement has received a lot of
interest and found a lot of like minded supported within this field.

Our discounted Early Bird ticket sales close in just a few days from
now, on the 31st of October - more information and pricing is available
at https://linux.conf.au/attend/

We’re excited to have an opportunity to hear Matthew's perspectives and
we hope to see you all in Sydney in January.

Bruce Crawley, James Polley and the linux.conf.au 2018 team