[lca-announce] LCA2015 Keynote Speaker announcement

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Oct 31 12:50:02 EST 2014

The LCA 2015 team is honoured to announce our first Keynote speaker -
Professor Eben Moglen, Executive Director of the Software Freedom Law
Center and professor of Law and Legal History at Columbia University Law
School

Professor Moglen's presentation is scheduled for 09:00 am Tuesday, 13
January 2015

Professor Moglen has represented many of the world's leading free software
developers. He earned his PhD in History and his law degree at Yale
University during what he sometimes calls his “long, dark period” in New
Haven.

After law school he clerked for Judge Edward Weinfeld of the United States
District Court in New York City and for Justice Thurgood Marshall of the
United States Supreme Court. He has taught at Columbia Law School since
1987 and has held visiting appointments at Harvard University, Tel Aviv
University and the University of Virginia.

In 2003 he was given the Electronic Frontier Foundation's Pioneer Award for
efforts on behalf of freedom in the electronic society.

We are especially grateful to Michael Davies for his efforts in bringing
Professor Moglen to LCA 2015 in Auckland for us - thank you Michael!

The LCA 2015 Auckland Team