[lca-announce] LCA 2015 Call for Volunteers

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Oct 24 07:49:39 EST 2014

The Earlybird registrations are going extremely well – over 50% of the
available tickets have sold in just two weeks! This is no longer a
conference we are planning – this is a conference that is happening and
that makes the Organisation Team very happy!
Speakers have been scheduled. Delegates are coming. We now urgently need to
expand our team of volunteers to manage and assist all these wonderful
visitors to ensure that LCA 2015 is unforgettable – for all the right
reasons.

Volunteers are needed to register our delegates, show them to their
accommodation, guide them around the University and transport them here and
there. They will also manage our speakers by making sure that their
presentations don't overrun, recording their presentations and assisting
them in many other ways during their time at the conference.
Anyone who has been a volunteer before will tell you that it’s an extremely
busy time, but so worthwhile. It’s rewarding to know that you’ve helped
everybody at the conference to get the most out of it. There's nothing
quite like knowing that you've made a difference.
But there is more, membership has other privileges and advantages! You
don't just get to meet the delegates and speakers, you get to know many of
them while helping them as well. You get a unique opportunity to get behind
the scenes and close to the action. You can forge new relationships with
amazing, interesting, wonderful people you might not ever get the chance to
meet any other way.
Every volunteer's contribution is valued and vital to the overall running
and success of the conference. We need all kinds of skills too – not just
the technically savvy ones (although knowing which is the noisy end of a
walkie-talkie may help). We want you! We need you! It just wouldn't be the
same without you!
If you would like to be an LCA 2015 volunteer it's easy to register. Just
go to linux.conf.au/register/volunteer for more information. We review
volunteer registrations regularly and if you’re based in Auckland (or would
like a break away from wherever you are) then we would love to meet you at
one of our regular meetings. Registered volunteers will receive information
about these via email.

The LCA2015 team