[lca-announce] Early Bird registrations now open for linux.conf.au 2012

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Sep 14 00:27:14 EST 2011

Hey Everyone!

Hot on the heels of releasing the events draft schedule, the linux.conf.au 2012 team are very excited to announce that early bird registrations are now open! Get in fast to receive great discounts on conference registration, and to secure accommodation.

Early bird registrations will remain open until the end of October 2011 or until sold out. If previous years are anything to go by, the early bird registrations will prove very popular and see significant demand, so attendees will need to get in early to avoid disappointment.

Registration link: http://linux.conf.au/register/status (Logon required)

The schedule is shaping up to be one of the best ever offered - with several Miniconfs already announced, including Sysadmin, Browser, Haecksen/LinuxChix and Music and Multimedia, and more to come. The line up of speakers is also impressive, starring industry luminaries such as Rusty Russell, Bdale Garbee and Andrew Tridgell.

Keynotes remain a closely guarded secret at this stage despite rumours doing the rounds on various platforms. Stay tuned though as we have some exciting announcements coming in the not too distant future with more information around keynotes.

We recognise that some attendees may have to convince their managers of the benefits of attending linux.conf.au and so to help out the team have put together some business case information to assist: http://linux.conf.au/register/business-case
If you have a success story after using this guide we'd love to hear from you!

In keeping with the general industry trend of greater environmental awareness, delegates will also have the option ofelecting to offset their carbon emissions during registration, via an arrangement with Ballarat company 15 Trees.

General Information
2012's linux.conf.au is heading to Ballarat, at the University of Ballarat, the first time that the conference has been held in a regional city. Organisers are going the extra mile to ensure that delegates are well catered for in terms of transport. Partners and children are also welcome, with the now familiar Partners Programmeoffering a range of uniquetours and activities.
linux.conf.au will be held 16th-20th January 2012 - see http://lcaunderthestars.org.au and @linuxconfau on Twitter and Identica.
Media enquiries are welcomed to the linux.conf.au 2012 team at media at lcaunderthestars.org.au

On behalf of the linux.conf.au 2012 organising team, thanks for all the support and we can't wait to see you all in January!

- Josh Stewart

Conference director
linux.conf.au 2012 - Ballarat 16- 20 Jan
http://lcaunderthestars.org.au