[Grants] Medical, Homelessness, Legal Information Gatherer

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Tue Jan 12 08:45:32 AEDT 2021

Hi Binh

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 02:34:44AM -0500, Binh Nguyen wrote:
> I know that technically the 2020 grants program is over but I'd like to
> know whether there is any potential interest in the following?
> :
> Basically, I'd like to create a piece of software to collate relevant
> document based information from various sources of the Internet for major
> cities around the world and then use it auto-generate a resource (for each
> city) for people to use. ...
>
> This software will be Open Source obviously. The only thing that I ask is
> for help in regards to some grant money (max is a few hundred dollars.

Thanks for letting us know of your idea.

As you observed, the 2020 grants program has closed.  The LA Council is
currently in caretaker mode with the election for the 2021 Council currently
underway (voting closes at the end of this week with the results announced
at the AGM on Friday).  As a result, consideration of proposals like this
should be made by the incoming council once they convene, rather than the
current council.

In the event a grants program is financially viable for 2021 I expect it to
be opened within a few weeks.  If you are able to wait for this to occur,
the best option would be to submit a formal grant request when applications
open.  Otherwise you could send an ad hoc request to council (similar to
what you have done here) for their consideration.

If you have further questions please drop me a line.

Regards
  jonathan