[Grants] Medical, Homelessness, Legal Information Gatherer

Binh Nguyen dtbnguyen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:34:44 AEDT 2021

Hi Guys,

I know that technically the 2020 grants program is over but I'd like to
know whether there is any potential interest in the following?
https://linux.org.au/grants-program/

Over time, I've come to realise that there are many elements of the
political, legal, economic, medical, etc... systems that tragically locks
many people into bad positions in life. This includes homeless people, ill
people, addicts, even some criminals who are more a victim of circumstance
then being outright bad people (even if you're not in these circumstances
these resources may still help you save money or stay out of trouble).
Basically, I'd like to create a piece of software to collate relevant
document based information from various sources of the Internet for major
cities around the world and then use it auto-generate a resource (for each
city) for people to use. I know groups such as the Salvation Army, St
Vincent De Paul, NGOs, government agencies, and even representatives from
the various religions do some of this already but I'd like to make it a bit
easier because sometimes people can't access a physical office location,
this information often needs to collected via many disparate locations,
etc... It would be designed to supplement rather then replace existing
services.
https://dtbnguyen.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-crazy-justice-system-random-stuff.html
http://dtbnguyen.blogspot.com/2020/12/angels-and-demons-random-stuff-and-more.html
http://dtbnguyen.blogspot.com/2020/11/medical-corruption-and-industrial.html
http://dtbnguyen.blogspot.com/2019/12/mental-illness-and-human-mind-control.html
http://dtbnguyen.blogspot.com/2019/09/thinking-like-political-elite-random.html
https://dtbnguyen.blogspot.com/2020/06/history-of-hate-and-supremacy-random.html

This software will be Open Source obviously. The only thing that I ask is
for help in regards to some grant money (max is a few hundred dollars.
Likely I can keep it under $100) to pay for crawling of the Internet for
relevant information for various cities around the world (I'd like to
spread across all cities but for now will keep the initial prototype
small). The coding should be relatively simple provided I remain in scope
and don't push things too far/hard.

If LA is unable/unwilling/incapable of funding this would you know of
places where it would be more suitable for me find funding?

Thanks,
Binh.