[Grants] Application for a Linux Australia Grant

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Thu Oct 25 17:24:25 AEDT 2018

Hi Manuel and Ronald,

Firstly my apologies for taking so long to respond to you around this
Grant Application.

After consideration, we would like to advise that we will be declining
this Grant Application.

While we see merit in making the platform itself - the collection
mechanism - open source - we feel that the real value of this platform
is in the data that is gathered, and our understanding is that the data
would be held under a proprietary license.

We instead recommend that this product be developed as a commercial
startup / commercial enterprise.

We thank you for your Grant Application and wish you well for your project.

Kind regards, Kathy

On 16/8/18 5:05 pm, Manuel Diaz wrote:

> Dear Kathy and Members of the Council,
>

> We would like to submit an application for a Linux Australia Grant. We
> are working on an open-source project which aims to improve safety of
> Australian roads by addressing driver fitness-to-drive.
>

> Please find attached document providing details on the project.
>

> We also have the following resources currently online:
>

> You Tube video summary of the project: https://youtu.be/NU_DpR8aEx0
>

> Project website: https://waitadvisor.in2teq.com/
>

> Project blog: http://blog-waitadvisor.in2teq.com/
>

> Thank you and we look forward to your support.
>

> Regards,
>
> Manuel Diaz
>
> Ronald Bolante

Kathy Reid