[Grants] Inquiry regarding a possible application from CAcert

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Mon Oct 22 12:12:16 AEDT 2018

Dear Grants Group,

As current President of CAcert, an organisation based in Sydney,
Australia for the past fifteen years, we are considering approaching you
for assistance in two things.

The first is our goal of strengthening and increasing our membership in
Australia, through attendance at both local groups and conferences in
Australia, showing users the benefits of a well-authenticated,
world-wide, user-driven cost-free Certificate System, supported with a
strong Web of Trust.  Our membership in Australia numbers more than
5,000, while our world-wide authenticated, or assured, membership, at
present, numbers over 124,000.  Our approach to increasing membership
would involve preparing various advertising and promotional materials
such as a banner, signs and brochures, describing and promoting CAcert
to Australian Linux users.  Beyond personal appearances, other methods
could include social media.

The second is to help support our members in Australia, and world-wide,
by helping fund the infrastructure that they depend upon.

For these reasons, we are considering approaching you for a grant, but
are inquiring before doing so, to determine whether this could fit your
criteria.

If you have any comments or suggestions, I would be very glad to receive
those.

Brian McCullough
President, CAcert, Inc.