[Debian-au] Miniconf AU/NZ 2105 at LCA in Auckland, January 2015

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Tue Apr 22 15:23:14 EST 2014

On 18 April 2014 20:04, Andrew Ruthven <andrew at etc.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-04-18 at 14:16 +1000, Angus Lees wrote:
>> I suggest we have the "private" day one day before miniconfs and the
>> second "public" day alongside the other miniconfs.
> I'd expect we'd submit a miniconf to LCA, but having a contingency plan
> incase we aren't accepted.

Any particular ideas of what would be going on during the day/s? Maybe
it would be more interesting to do something project oriented (like
the arduino or rocketry miniconfs) than talks? Random ideas I'd find
interesting:

 - freedom box hacking (novena should be out by then...)

 - jessie RC bug squash
     -- should be in hard freeze by then according to
https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

 - introductory session to help people learn how to package, get their
favourite software packaged, become DMs, become DDs

Might also be interesting/good to have some pre-arranged resources:

 - local mirror
 - routers/dreamplugs/novena boards for freedom box hacking/installs
 - ec2 test instances for automated building/testing of packages?

Might be worth calling private/non-miniconf time a "sprint" along the
lines of what PyCon have --
https://us.pycon.org/2014/community/sprints/   Maybe it would be
interesting to have more than just one day and coordinate with the
OpenStack guys so there could be a few sprints to choose between for
two or three days before/after lca?

Cheers,
aj

--