[Debian-au] DebSIG Wrap Up

Craige McWhirter tongmaster at arseclown.tv
Thu Jan 22 01:49:41 UTC 2004

The absence of a venue where talks could be held in a more quasi
professional manner seems to have enhanced the DebSIG meetings. Last
night's meeting had twelve attendee's, most fresh their LCA jaunts and
it resulted in one of the most vibrant DebSIG meetings that I've ever
attended.

The conversations covered more topics than I dare to try and write down,
just rest assured few stones were left unturned, Debian related or
otherwise. Some of the discussions though, resulted in the following:

- Most people thought the more casual style added value to the meetings
but speakers or themes for the night would still work quite well.

- A venue with wireless is highly desirable - luckily we know few.

- Getting in 3-4 Debian bug squish parties / code fests a year would be
great and the organising of these has already started, with the first
one most likely to be held in late Feb.

I had a enjoyable night, thanks to those who made that way :)

      Craige.

o/~ I'm going to die with a twinkle in my eye 'cause I sung songs,
spun stories, loved, laughed and drank wine o/~  -  The Cat Empire