[Debian-au] Re: [LACTTE] Re: Debian monies within Australia

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Mon Jul 21 14:08:58 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:05:02PM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> > I believe we're still rather in the "sorting this all out" stage -
> > although there is interest from several other groups as well. Anand I
> > think was the one checking out stuff with our bank - any news?
> Yes. However first we need to decide if we wish to take donations and,
> as Mako points out, if we do it may be more useful to do this on behalf
> of SPI rather than just Debian.
>
> Let's put this on the agenda for our meeting this week and discuss it
> then.

Hi, I'd like to offer myself to be involved in this in whatever manner the
LA board thinks is appropriate (eg, as a well known Australian Debian-ite
to lend some moral authority, or doing boring accounting/treasury
stuff). From discussions at debcamp with mako (SPI/Debian) and tbm (Debian
Project Leader), it seems like the best way to do things is to collect
money on behalf of Debian, and give regular reports of available moneys
(and incoming and outgoing funds) to both Debian and SPI on a regular
basis. Mako's both an SPI board member and the "Debian accountant",
so this really amounts to much the same thing.

Accepting cheques made out to "Linux Australia" and marked for Debian
and counting them separately to l.c.a and other funds; and authorising
expenditures to be made based on the usual Debian expenditure process
(which is either on the advice of the project leader, or by general
resolution, although the latter has never actually happened) would
probably be all that's necessary; and shouldn't actually require anything
from the bank.

FWIW, etc.

Cheers,
aj