[Debian-au] Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG Location..

Matthew Palmer mjp16 at ieee.uow.edu.au
Mon Jul 7 02:53:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Matt Hope wrote:

> There have been mumbings and some comments made about the current
> location for the Debian Interest Group meetings - currently, the
> Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel.

Not too bad, but it tends to be a bit noisy.  It also fails on your "public
transport" requirement - it's not near public transport, IMO.  Better than,
say, Miller would be (look it up on your outer outer western Sydney maps),
but it's still not particularly close to the Train station.

> I'm interested if anyone has any comments about the current venue
> (good or bad), and any possible alternative suggestions.
>
> Currently, I believe we need a location that
>   - has food and drink nearby,
>   - is accessable via public transport
>   - is in a fairly central location

- Doesn't cost much to hire (which I believe is one of the problems voiced
with the WBH).  Considering the amount of food and drink bought (especially
since there are at least 3 separate-but-associated meetings held there over
the course of the average month) surely they'd be making their costs back on
it...

- Matt