[Debian-au] DebSIG October wrap-up / notice of November (Wed 13th) meet.

akumria at debian.org akumria at debian.org
Mon Oct 28 13:50:48 UTC 2002

Folks,

Just a reminder that DebSIG is on again for young and old on Wednesday
November 13th. You don't have to be an expert Debian user/developer; we
want to hear about problems you've had with Debian too!

Last month Herbert Xu entertained us with his philosophy of initrd
booting. Essentially it turns out that you have a number of carpets and
by calling the right system call at the right moment you can jump up and
switch carpets from underneath you.

Or, using newer system calls you can jump from one to the other. Apart
from explaining how initrd works, Herbert also explained some of the
working of apt-move.

After the talks Jeff Waugh and Pia Smith gave us a rendition of Itchy
and Scratchy but with more violence and less blood. There was also the
usual pool competition.

We've had a few people express some interest in hearing a talk on
DebConf, so if you feel up to the task let me know. If you have
suggestions on where to go for the inaugural DebSIG Christmas party
let us all know.

Some suggestions we've already had are: Tepanyaki, some Spanish
resaturants, pub crawl around the Rocks.

Thanks,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never