[Debian-au] DebSIG Wed 9th Oct 2002

akumria at debian.org akumria at debian.org
Tue Oct 8 06:01:25 UTC 2002

Hello all,

Just a reminder that DebSIG is on once again this month for young and
old. Our guest speaker this month is Herbert Xu who maintains the kernel
packages for Debian, assorted network services (talk, finger, rwho,
bootp, rdist, rwall, traceroute), apt-move, newgate and ash.

Herbert's talk will be on the kernel's initrd system and how you can
customise your kernel for various machine types.

There will also be, our standard, key signing party. Bring your keys
along to this DebSIG and you will be confident that the kernel you are
running was generated by Herbert.

DebSIG meets at the Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel (WBH) and the talk kicks
off around 7pm or so. Some of us will be gathering at the WBH from
6:30pm onwards to have food.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never