[Debian-au] Debian SIG

Its that time of month again, time to put down your keyboards [1] and
party!!!

DebSIG this month will bring you the wonder of FAI [2] from the point of
view someone who's never used it before.  I've been playing with it in
order to roll out a couple of hundred machines and thought I'd share my
thoughts etc.  I'll be discussing kickstart and jumpstart too, so feel
free to come alone if you're redhat/solaris people who want to see how
the other half do things.

New users always welcome, why not come and see what all the fuss it
about?

On the plus side, there will be beer, meat and pool...

Don't forget to bring GPG keys.  Keys are good, and need signing.

Where: Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel - boardroom (upstairs)
When: Wednesday, 10th of July 19:00 - 20:00
Cost: $0,
      $10 if you pre-order tea/coffee
Misc: Dinner, alcohol are available
Park: - Lincoln Cr (recommended, open til late)
      - Domain (closes 21:00) or
      - Beside the Bells Hotel

See you there.

Greeno

[1]  Keyboards do not HAVE to be put down, but its hard playing pool
with them in your hand.  Mind you if you're playing TongMaster, that
won't matter

[2] FAI is a non-interactive system to install a Debian Linux operating
 system unattended on a PC cluster. You can take one or more virgin [3]
 PCs, turn on the power and after a few minutes Linux is installed,
 configured and running on the whole cluster, without any interaction
 necessary.  Homepage: http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai

[3] Who said debian didn't involve sacrificing virgins??

--
Tony Green
SLUG Bod, and substitute Peter who is substituting Craige