[Cbsupport] Why do I have OOo

Keep the posts coming Avery. I think it is great that someone is willing
to pass on info and encourage conversation.

Why do you need Open Office anyway ?

I have not found the need to install it at all.

have fun

shaun

OK you might need to ask Kylie that one

I believe that because I had used Microsoft Office Pro

in various workplaces or volunteering from 3.1 to 95 to 98 ME and XP that OOo is closer to that than KOffice

and i thought and it is better if Kylie explains it
that I was to get the benifit of that and be able to use files saved under MS to view then better

I have also been recommended to get StarOffice but can not afford that at the moment
In fact OpenOffice.org (OOo) did read our Resumes better and I like impress better
I no longer have KOffice on my system I couldn't see the point of having both
I did prefer KOffice spreadsheet it was a bit easier

In the end I chose to stick with OOo
I do think its a bit easier than KOffice
but I guess thats a preference and it does carry more formatting and
if you send an attachment to someone who has MS then I just feel it
is easier for then to read

Hope this answers your Question Shaun
and hope Chris is doing better
Avery