Re: [Cbsupport] net radio and video

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 09:52:20AM +1000, deBrouwer&Maxwell wrote:
> Hi guys
> how can I find radio stations on the net that are going to work with
> XMMS or other packages?
> I like dance, house, jazz, soul, baroque, Gershwin, Porter and Pop
> All I have found is mp3.com and can only listen to one song at a time
> I'd like to hear a few in a row without having to reclick and wait for
> it to buffer again
> i"d like to try JJJ but I can't work it
> I have a dial up 56K with great connection

>From memory jjj works with realplayer

> and 2
> How can I watch vidoes on line if if it says select realplayer or Windows?
> I have debian sid 2.3 g hdde and 128 SDRAM

Install relaplayer and mplayer. Mplayer should handle most videos for
you. It may pay to buy a bigger drive while you are at it though.
Multimedia tends to take up a silly amount of hard drive space.

> I have  many sound, graphic and multimedia packages that come with the
> debian, kde and x stuff

Enjoy, it is all good fun

shaun
--
Shaun Branden; email: shaun@pcuse.com; icq: 10469563
Computerbank South Australia: sa.computerbank.org.au