[Aslug] Jokosher

William Reid w.a.reid at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:43:37 EST 2011

Hey all,
I have been playing around with jokosher since our last LUG meet-up. I tried it under Linux Mint Debian Edition 32bit, Mint 10 x64 and Mint 9 Main LTS 32bit. As those who were there saw, there was SOMETHING amiss with the LMDE version, the Mint 10 version gave me much the same GStreamer errors we were seeing at the command line, but in the gui. This seems to be a known issue without any work-around that I have stumbled across. I have just now installed jokosher in Mint 9 and it definitely captured voice from my webcam mic. With the brief try I had I couldn't get it to capture voice + soundtrack to a video, but I think that was a setting I haven't played with yet... I can put together a live-usb with working jokosher for next meet-up if Ken or anyone else wants to try it on your own hardware, with your own inputs (I have none...)
Thats all for now, Bill