[Aslug] Gcompris trial

krys haber krys.haber at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:49:50 EST 2010

Hi All

As we don't seem to be sure if Gcompris is the best choice, is it
possible for someone to lead a trial of gcompris at the next meeting?
We could insert, text, sound, and images and see how it works.
Gcompris project seems to have to resolved many background issues that
we have been talking about, provided free educational software in
numerous languages to the whole world. They are happy to support our
project and their website can be used to store our readers for global
access. The author of Gcompris, Bruno Coudoin wrote to me:

> 1. Ou est-ce que je pourrais trouver src/pythontemplate-activity and
> src/pythontest-activity? ( How can I access the source code?

Dans le code source. Il faut télécharger le gcompris-x.x.tar.gz,
l'extraire et aller dans le répertoire src.

Kind regards

Krys

On 15/04/2010, ninti at internode.on.net <ninti at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Gday Edan,
>
> The meeting went well, very interesting discussion around OLPC, software and
> (language) learning.
>
> I'm updating the calendar when I get to it to change next meeting's topic to
> GCompris ... what is it, how does it work, how is Python involved etc.
>
> Of course, if anyone else ever wants to propose or add something to a
> meeting
> topic, just do it on this list!
>
> GCompris might be a good basis for some entry level phonetics drill type
> software.
>
> Apart from that, we were impressed by something called Scratch for making
> more
> sophisticated multimedia books.
>
> Mike

Krys Haber