[Aslug] Ubuntu 64, 9.04 stability

Andrew Raal raala at endeavor.com.au
Tue Sep 29 06:36:37 EST 2009

Hi to all at aslug from Cobar,
I recently installed Ubuntu 64 jaunty release and had major problems getting sound recording to work both on the recorder software and skype - eventually got it to working with poor sound quality after numerous driver downloads.  I did an uninstall of pulseaudio and a software updates using synaptic package manger - after which the system had a boot error which I was unable to recover.  Installed Ubuntu 32 and got sound working did the +300MB updates and package installations so far working well.
I am interested if others have had similar problems in Ubuntu 64 or if there are other recommended 64 bit versions of linux that members have found to be stable.
Andrew.

***NOTICE: EOPL limits all e-mail, including attachments, to 15MB. Your message will not be delivered if it exceeds this limit. Please create a shorter message, remove attachments, or consult your technician if your message exceeds the 15MB limit.***
This email (including all attachments) is intended solely for the named recipients.  You should only read, transmit, distribute or act in reliance on  this email, or communicate all or any part of its content, if you are the intended recipient and are authorised by the sender to do so.

This email is confidential and may be subject to legal or other professional privilege.  Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake.  This email may also include personal information which is subject to requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).

If you have received this email in error, please let us know by reply email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

You should be aware that emails may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems.  Neither Endeavor Operations Pty Ltd nor the sender of this email gives any warranties in relation to these matters.