[Aslug] Alice Springs ICT Industry Group

Netgrrl Web Development jane at netgrrl.com.au
Thu Mar 11 10:35:02 UTC 2004

Alice Springs ICT Industry Group
Please find below a brief description of current issues being addressed by the ICT Industry Development Group.  Please contact me for more information on any topic - just quote the topic in the subject line and I will forward my info.

ICT Industry Forum
The ICT Forum will be held approximately every 18 months with the next Forum due in July 2005.

Current Projects - please contact me for more details:
a)         Remote Solutions Service Company
b)         NT ICT Strategic Plan
c)         Centre for Remote Telecommunications Solutions (CRTS)
d)         Govt Agency to Business Briefings (Alice Springs May 6 2004)
e)         Business to Agency Briefings
f)          Small Business Enterprise Culture Program (SBECP)
g)         ECG

h)         Skills & R&D
i)          ICT Industry Resources

ICTIDG Terms of Reference
The ICT Industry and Government Group will drive initiatives from the ICT Forum and as mutually agreed to grow the NT ICT Industry and create benefits for Territorians.
The group will:
  a.. Establish targets for industry growth and assiciated benefits to Territorians.
  b.. Prioritise and steer joint Industry and Government agreed initiatives.
  c.. Provide advice to the ICT Industry via the AIIA and to Government via the Minister/s for DCIS and DBIRD.

  Scope

  d.. The group will report back to the ICT Forum before the 30th June 2005.
  e.. Continuity of the group and its members will be determined jointly by the Industry, represented by AIIA and the Government, represented by the Minister/s for DCIS and DBIRD and consensus from the ICT Forum.
  f.. It will meet at least bi-monthly.
  g.. It will be chaired by the Chairman of the NT Branch of the AIIA

Showcasing Innovation Roadshow
One day workshop April 19 - assists innovative Australian ICT companies prepare and showcase their products, services, IP and research concepts at key international events in 2004.

2004 Secrets of Australia IT Innovation Competition
The Secrets of IT Innovation Competition will again select world leading innovative ICT offerings from Australian companies and research organizations to participate in major ICT industry events both nationally and internationally, and present their technologies to a global audience.

AIIA News
Many exciting iniatives on behalf of the NT ICT industry (including much work being done within the ICTIDG) - please contact me if you are interested in membership

Territory Proud Campaign
The campaign is a vehicle for businesses to promote themselves with the "buy local" message by displaying the Territory Proud label wherever possible in their shop windows, advertising, stationery, websites and clothing.
www.territoryproud.com.au

regards,
Jane Mure

Netgrrl Web Development