[Video] Recording premix?

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Sun Jun 23 04:15:20 EST 2013

> Reviewing and editing those cut lists would be a matter of time and
> opportunity.  Obviously, if no further work needed to be done the project
> could simply be mixed down and encoded as is.  But the opportunity to fix
> things is always useful.  It would also make sense to have the ability to
> only record the post-mix anyway - to render on the spot, as currently done
> -
> if the user was space or time constrained or had other reasons.

The opportunity to fix things sounds nice but I don't think it will ever be
used. My experience has been "post-editing" doesn't work, it is just too
easy to put it off forever. I don't think the review in veypar that Carl
and Ryan does scales either.

Eventually we are just going to end up streaming/publishing everything
captured anyway (similar to multiple points of view for sport), bandwidth
is just not there yet.

Tim