[Taslug] Future Hobart Meeting Changes

Peter Billam pjb at pjb.com.au
Sun Sep 3 14:35:00 AEST 2017

Greetings all,

On 2017-09-01 13:18, Scott wrote:
> There is also another event that would like to use the Hobart
> Maker HQ on Thursday evenings but on a weekly schedule.

Are other weekday evenings still free ?

> 1. Move TasLUG Hobart meetings to the last Saturday of the month
> at the Hobart Makers HQ in the afternoon. This would move us
> in line with the Launceston meetings.  ...  Who knows, being at
> the same time as the Launceston group could mean a bit more
> North/South collaboration as well.

It would give us the option of live-feed joint-presentations...

But for me, if it's a Saturday, I'd rather it was _not_ the
last Saturday of the month, because everybody uses that;
I already have the Alliance Francaise 1030-1200 and a film
at the German Club 1400-1700 :-(  For me, taslug would usually
get priority, but I'd prefer any other Saturday.

> Personally my brain is a bit clearer on the weekend and the
> meeting not at the end of a long day/week of coding, and can
> spend the time to bring about more elaborate demos and talks

fair enough, though Karl mentioned
> IME weekends cause trouble for parents

which is also true. It's full of conflicting constraints...
Maybe we should set up one of those online-opinion-poll things ?

> PS - Announcement for September Hobart Meeting will be coming
> soon - it will still be 3rd Thursday of the Month, 23rd September

23 Sept looks like a Saturday to me, but I guess that will
get clarified in the announcement :-)

Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au     pjb at pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
  from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949