[Sfd] CDs sent, anyone for balloons?

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu Sep 8 03:35:13 UTC 2005

Hi all,

The 100 SFD cds plus a few ubuntu ones were sent to Brisbane, Bundy and
Canberra just now, and guarenteed overnight service. It is a pain that we
didn't get all the CDs we ordered, but we finally figured out with the SFD
organisers that they had confused my address with someone elses, so some one
is running around with a lot of our stuff :(

I obviously can't get balloons and such to people, as we are only receiving
some backup ones tomorrow, however if you are doing a walk or having a stand
they are well worth while. If anyone wants them specifically, let me know
and I'll organise reimbursement for you after the event. I'll need invoices
and such to do this.

Thus far LA have funded a few activities of teams, the insurance for every
location ($25 per team), some postage, and tshirts that we haven't got yet.
I am in discussions with the SFD organisers and we will have a bulk discount
and order next year. Sending stuff internally to Australia is quite cheap
(2-3 days post for 5 kg was ~$10) so this way they won't be able to get us
all confused :)

Rock on everyone! Take loads of photos! Print off loads of flyers and
posters! Pimp your LUGs! Check out http://www.lucychili.no-ip.org/sfd/ as
Janet has some FANTASTIC posters, "what does software freedom mean to you"
foo, and other stuff. Also check out
http://www.pipka.org/~greebo/SoftwareFreedomDay.ogg for some silly
inspiration from Conrad Parker and myself ;)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                "Women hold up half the sky." - Mao Tse Tung