[PyCon-AU-chat] PyCon Australia 2012 - Call for volunteers

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:20:31 EST 2012

With just ten days until the start of PyCon Australia 2012, it’s time
for us to call for volunteers -- we need your support to make PyCon AU a
huge success. Over the course of the conference we will be needing
session chairs, people to man the registration desk and general volunteers.

Session chairs and only need to commit to being in one room
between two breaks (e.g. from the end of morning tea through the
beginning of lunch).  You can take up these roles and still see all of
the talks in one room for a session -- just nominate which sessions
you'd be happy to chair in your reply and we'll try to allocate you to
them

Session chairs are responsible for managing one room for a block of
presentations between two breaks. Their job is to:
- Introduce the speakers
- Keep speakers on time
- Ensure the session is kept in order
- Passing the audience microphone to questioners (this helps make sure
our video recordings are of a very high quality).

Our registration desk will be open on Friday night and Saturday
morning (http://2012.pycon-au.org/programme/registration ).

We need four volunteers to make short work of the 200+ delegates that
we are expecting. Outside of those rush hours we’d like to keep the
desk manned to answer delegate queries and deal with late check-ins.

Finally, any volunteers who can be on call throughout the conference
to assist the organisers would be greatly appreciated.

For those who can make it, we plan on running a briefing session on
Friday afternoon, sometime around 3:30pm (time to be confirmed).

If you're interested in volunteering for any of the roles that we've
described above, please reply to contact at pycon-au.org

We look forward to hearing from you!

--PyCon AU 2012 Organising team.

--