[PyCon-AU-announce] PyCon Australia sponsorships: put your name behind a much-loved, high quality event!

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue May 30 22:44:19 AEST 2017

PyCon Australia holds a special place in many people’s hearts, as they
return year after year. We'd love to welcome your company on board too -
any enquiries or questions, please chat to us via sponsorship at pycon-au.org.

Last year our post-conference survey had around 180 responses. Over 80% of
survey responses agreed or strongly agreed that the conference was good
value for money, the program was satisfying and informative, and would
recommend attending to a friend or workmate. We had a broad mix of
attendees identifying as hobbyists, web developers, general software
developers, as well as scientists, science software developers, sysadmins,
teachers and students.

Over 60% of respondents travelled from outside Melbourne to attend. Over
60% had never attended a local Python meetup and nearly 90% did not attend
any other Python-centric conference. The numbers are pretty clear: if you
want to meet local Pythonistas, PyCon Australia is the place to do it.

Your company may not think of itself as a “Python shop”, but if you care
about machine learning, data science, DevOps, web development, education,
scientific programming, chances are pretty high there is some Python
somewhere in your stack.

We have several elite sponsorship opportunities available and we are
excited to offer them to  companies who want to reach skilled Python
developers from across the country and beyond! Both our Platinum and Gold
sponsors can make use of desks in the Community/Industry room.
Additionally, Platinum sponsors have an opportunity to address the
conference for five minutes.

Both elite and standard sponsorships offer on-stage, on-video and hallway
banners as well as complimentary professional-level tickets. This is just a
sample - all the sponsor perks are listed in detail in our sponsorship
prospectus <https://pycon-au.org/sponsorship.pdf> (pdf).

Sponsors also have additional opportunities to get their name in some very
coveted spaces - we have add-on packages for sponsoring attendee lanyards,
coffee and catering, among other options.
We're also happy to consider an in-kind or custom sponsorship request. For
any enquiries or questions, we're at sponsorship at pycon-org.au
<sponsorship at pycon-au.org>.

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our sponsors. For full details, see our website.