[PyCon-AU-announce] New in 2017: Tutorials

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue May 30 22:38:00 AEST 2017

You asked for it, now we are answering!

After the dust had settled on PyCon Australia 2016, the team took an
evening to go through the feedback provided from the post-conference
attendee survey. (Thank you to everyone who completed it!) One theme came
through very strongly: a desire for longer, more in-depth tutorials, to
allow attendees to get to grips with a topic in detail.

Therefore we are excited to announce that at PyCon Australia 2017, for the
first time, we will be offering extended tutorials. These will go for three
hours and run on Thursday 3rd August. To cover the additional venue hire
and offer the presenters an honorarium in recognition of their efforts,
there will be an additional cost to attend a tutorial. You can register for
them as an "add on" to the normal conference registration process (not open
yet, but pretty soon!).

Capacity is limited with only 60 places per tutorial. We hope the breadth
of topics covered by our experienced presenters will offer something for
everyone. On offer will be:

   - Python 101 <http://2017.pycon-au.org/program/tutorials/python-101/>
   with Anthony Briggs
   - Practical testing with pytest
   <http://2017.pycon-au.org/program/tutorials/practical-testing-pytest/>
   with Brianna Laugher
   - Build Tooling Workshop
   <http://2017.pycon-au.org/program/tutorials/build-tooling-workshop/>
   with Rita Garcia
   - Bayesian inference and machine learning
   <http://2017.pycon-au.org/program/tutorials/machine-learning/> with Ed
   Schofield

We look forward to seeing you there!

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our sponsors. For full details, see our website.