[Media] FOR REVIEW - Linux Australia newsletter Autum 2013

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sat Apr 27 19:49:12 EST 2013

Thanks for the feedback Brianna - really like the wording around Malcolm.

The tone/authorship is a fair point. 'We' sounds more friendly/informal
than 'Linux Australia' or 'Council' or 'Media and Communications
Subcommittee'. Really, the newsletter is the voice of the community so
I'd expect people in the community to be contributing to it more in the
future. Also don't want to send the message that Council is imparting
their wishes/thoughts on the community - rather the message is we seek
input, information sharing etc. So, if we use 'We' in the sense of
Council and Media Subcommittee, and word this more clearly, would that work?

In terms of distribution plan, was thinking;

- email to linux-aus list
- email to each of the LUGs (this means we'd have to compile a list, but
this would be a worthwhile exercise for the Media and Communciations
Subcommittee to have undertaken anyway)
- On linux.org.au website under news section
- Tweet/Dent it
- topic in #linux.conf.au on freenode

Any other channels we should use?

Kind regards,