[Lugcomms] Hiya

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Wed Apr 2 12:16:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 at 00:22, Donna Benjamin <donna at mel8ourne.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 15:54 +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > Sridhar Dhanapalan, President of the Sydney Linux Users Group (SLUG) - as
> > of our AGM a couple of days ago :)
>
> Heh. Congrats Sridhar :)
>
> and I hear you've had 3 women elected too?
>
> Which leads me to ponder - how many women - roughly speaking or on
> average - would you say attend meetings and or contribute regularly to
> mailing lists?
>
> 3 Women were elected to LUV ctte in 2006.
> None in 2007.
>
> Seems there's usually 3 or 4 women in the audience at LUV meetings - and
> sometimes a few more...

Yep, we've got three women on the new committee. There's been a concerted
effort in the past year to bring in more women, particularly with
the "women's coffee and cake" sessions prior to the main SLUG meeting. I
don't count, but I think we now get around 5 women per meeting, sometimes
more. I don't know about mailing list participation, but there are a few
women who are prolific posters and very helpful.

--
"No protracted war can fail to endanger the freedom of a democratic
country." - Alexis de Tocqueville