[LCP]memory clobbered before allocated block

Steve Baker ice at mama.indstate.edu
Wed Mar 31 23:01:01 UTC 2004

 Aaron Walker <ka0ttic at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> I am working on my first real project, a lightwight multi threaded http
> server.  I have been using siege (a http regression testing/benchmarking
> tool) to test it, and sometimes it'll serve a couple thousand requests
> then dies with:
>
> memory clobbered before allocated block

  This error message seems to come from libc, probably from the malloc /
realloc / free section.

  If I had to hazard a guess, since you noted that your program is threaded,
I'd think perhaps the error indicates that you're trying to realloc some
memory whilst another thread is also trying to do something simular. You may
not have proper locking of your data structures.

								- Steve