[LCP]memory clobbered before allocated block

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Mar 31 19:19:01 UTC 2004

On 2004-03-31, Aaron Walker wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 20:53, Greg Black wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, no I won't.
> > >
> > > (gdb) bt
> > > No stack.
> >
> > You need to learn the basics of using your tools.  Compile the
> > code for debugging, and then use the debugger as intended.
>
> 'Tis compiled with debugging and I do know how to use gdb...

If that was true, you wouldn't be having this problem.  Note
that I did not say that you could get a trace, only that you
need to learn how to use gdb.  Since you apparently don't want
to follow good advice, I'll avoid further comment here.

> > If this is too hard, google for things like electricfence and
> > stitch it into your code.

And that part of my advice, although ignored by you, remains the
smart way to handle the problem if you don't know how to manage
your memory correctly.