[LCP]statically linking argtable and other libraries

Buddy Lumpkin b.lumpkin at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 16:48:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 14:27 +1000, Greg Black wrote:

>> I'm going to unsubscribe and leave you all to play on your own.

> Ahhh... does that mean it's safe to come out and ask questions now?

And your one-liner summarizes what I was thinking exactly ...

This list had a really somber feel to it. Now that the grumpy hermit is gone
we may be able to actually learn something without all of the torture.

> In the time I have been lurking on this list, I think Greg has actually
> offered some useful information and insights in the process of offending
> some of the folks who were bold (or foolish) enough to ask a question.
> I may have even learned a thing or two myself from his posts.  Anyway, I
> hope traffic will actually pick up if people aren't too scared to ask
> questions they don't already know the answers to.  It's usually deathly
> quiet around here.

Well there is no doubt he offered "some value" to the list, but he usually
managed to negate that value by trying to annoy people. Take the comment
about addressing the list twice. To insinuate that someone actually thought
they needed to place the list address in the to and cc was obviously meant
to just insult his intelligence. If he truly did think someone asking
questions about linker options cannot operate an email client, then why
offer guidance on how to write an email, but harass everyone that sends a
relevant "C Programming" question to this list?

He has a huge ego, pure and simple.

Good Writtens,

--Buddy