[Linux-aus] Kiwi PyCon 2014 FINAL CALL FOR PROPOSALS!

Tom Eastman tom at eastman.net.nz
Fri Jun 27 19:10:28 EST 2014

We're down to the wire!

This weekend is your last chance to file your talk proposals for this
year's Kiwi PyCon, to be held in Wellington, New Zealand from the 12th
to the 14th of September.

The deadline is Monday, the 30th of June, but of course you'd rather not
have to do them in a rush on a school night, so you should plan to get
them in over the weekend.

All the details can be found at:

	http://kiwi.pycon.org/call-for-proposals/

We're looking for talks and tutorials on all aspects of Python,
including, but not limited to the following topics:

* Projects that use python extensively, or in an interesting way
* Applied Python in an area other than application development
* Core Python development (2.x/3.x), or new language features
* Other implementations: Jython, IronPython, PyPy, and Stackless
* Python libraries and extensions
* Databases & database programming, including ORMs, Relational and
   NoSQL Databases
* GUI Programming
* Game Programming
* Network Programming
* Packaging Issues
* Programming Tools
* Project Best Practices
* Embedding and Extending Python
* Web-based Systems

Let your imagination run wild! If it's something that you are passionate
about, or enthusiastic about, you'd be amazed out how much you can say
about it!

For me, my favourite thing about *any* conference is to see geeky people
wax eloquently about what they're geeking out about.

So think about what's making you happy in the Python world, what's
making you excited, or even making you sad or frustrated and how we can
fix it, and consider telling us all about it at Kiwi PyCon 2014!

The deadline for proposals is Monday, but see if you can get a proposal
or two in by Sunday, don't let the "last minute" bug catch you!

If you don't, it's *us* who miss out, we want to hear what you have to say!

See you soon!

Tom Eastman, on behalf of the New Zealand Python User Group and Kiwi
PyCon 2014 team.