[Linux-aus] strange LAN congestion problem

Daniel Bryan danbryan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:17:45 EST 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Stephen Argent <steve at nullcon.org> wrote:

> As far as recommendations for a Linux router go, I've had a lot of success
> with the MikroTik gear - and its relatively cheap. That is provided you're
> not gonna make your own, and are after a home router style device. Just a
> recommendation anyway :)

+1. I'm running a Mikrotik 450G, and after a few hours of initial futzing
to get OpenWRT built and flashed it's been remarkably reliable. Haven't had
any reliability issues in 12 months, except for the time I locked myself
out of SSH after messing up a firewall rule.

It's a lot less painful diagnosing problems in a home network if you can
just hop into the router and run top and tcpdump.