[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2014 Financials

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Jun 2 10:46:57 EST 2014

On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 07:42:13PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On 1 June 2014 10:10, Hugh Blemings <hugh at blemings.org> wrote:
> > The previous Perth conference was held in 2003 and was the third LCA,
> > fourth if one includes CALU.  It would have returned an at least modest
> > profit, but I'll defer to others to quantify same.
>
> My recollection is LCA2003 was something on the order of $50-$100k in
> the black. I can't find any reliable sources to back that up though;
> and we didn't have remotely as competent reporting then as we do now,
> so even if my recollection was right, the calculations at the time
> could have been wrong. The 2003 team did a really good job of getting
> sponsors and promoting the conference.

I have a copy of the old gnumeric financial spreadsheet BUT It's in
storage right now.  I doubt having it would clarify the situation much
and from memory your estimate is about right.

Bret, Given the evolution of LCA in the last 11 years I'm not certain
that any comparison is totally valid.  Things were very different in
2003 ;P

Yours Tony